This is my second mixed vegetable stir-fry; we use to go out for dinner and lunch atleast once in a week to Anjappar, Indira nagar. I had this stir-fry with my meals, it was good and the combination of these vegetables was too good and thought of trying out this dish at home. Finally, I prepared this for my Tamil New Year lunch. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Onions – 1 no
- Brinjal – 150 gm
- Drumstick – 1 ½ nos
- Cabbage – 150 gm
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – two strings
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Toor dal / Pigeon pea – ½ tbsp
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Wash and finely chop all the vegetables.
- Pressure-cook the dal / pigeon pea for two whistles.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, split black gram and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and fry until they are golden brown.
- Add all the chopped veggies along with all the spice powders and salt, cook for few mins until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water and cover with lid. Cook for few mins until the vegetables are well done.
- Remove the lid, add the grated coconut and cook until the raw smell goes off and it becomes dry.
Serve hot with steamed rice as side dish for lunch.