As already stated my family and I are fond of duck, nothing tastes as heavenly as duck. I have already blogged few recipes with duck and this is another completely different dish prepared with the combination of Black Pepper.
This is an easy, simple, delicious and less time-consuming dish. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Duck / Vaathu meat – ½ kg
- Red chilies – 3 nos
- Cumin seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander seeds – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper – 2 tsp
- Ginger – garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Onions – 1 ½ nos
- Tomatoes – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek / Vendhayam seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – two strings
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Peel and finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Dry roast cumin, coriander, ¼ tsp of fenugreek, black pepper and fennel seeds, wait until the raw smell goes off. Keep it aside.
- Clean and cut the duck meat into medium size.
- Grind the dry roasted ingredients together to a coarse paste by adding little water.
- Marinate the duck meat with the grounded masala, along with salt and turmeric powder for 20 mins.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the mustard, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add the onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until they are mushy.
- Add in the ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the marinated duck meat, cook for few mins until they turn brown in color.
- Check for salt and pour in a cup of water, pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Once the pressure released open the lid, and cook in medium flame until the gravy becomes dry.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with steamed rice or as a side dish for briyani.
Note: Duck meat consumes time for cooking compared to chicken.