I have tried out this dish from the BBC’s – The Incredible Spice Men with little changes. I love this progam to the core, all the recipes are worth trying. Also I have tried apple crumble, stay tuned for the recipe. The dish was awesome and very everyone loved this especially my kids. Fish in Pomegranate sauce – Kids Friendly Recipe.
In this dish, fish is fried with flour and spices, served with a ginger pomegranate sauce. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Plain flour / Maida – 4 tbsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp (freshly ground)
- Fish (anything of your choice) – 500 gms
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter – 100 gms
- Ginger – 50 gm
- Lime juice – 4 tbsp
- Pomegranate – 30 gms
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Banana – 5 nos
- Salt to taste
- Clean and finely slice the fish into equal parts.
- Take flour, chili powder, and pepper together in a bowl and dust fish in it, shake off the excess.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, place the fish on the pan, drizzle oil along the sides and cook them on both sides (be careful the sole should not come out).
- Grind ginger and lemon juice together to a fine paste.
- In another pan, melt the butter over medium heat; let it bubble for three min wait until turn golden brown color.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the ginger- lime paste, pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander leaves. Cook for few mins.
- Peel and halve the banana into equal size (lengthwise). Heat a tsp of clarified butter/ghee in a pan; toast the pan for a minute, both the sides.
- Serving: Take a plate, keep the toasted banana and then keep the fish over it and then spoon the pomegranate seeds over it and pour a tsp of that pomegranate sauce over it.
Note: You can also substitute toasted bread for banana and serve for dinner.