As the name this green fish fry, is green in colour and a good dish for summer because I have used mint and coriander leaves. Good for summer, mild spicy, crispy outer side and soft inside and delicious taste. Kids love this a lot, I have tried this with Red snapper may be you could try this with a fish with less bones for kids. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Fish – 5 pieces (500 gm)
- Mint leaves – a bunch
- Coriander leaves – a bunch
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ginger – 2 “inch stick
- Yogurt/Curd – 2 tbsp
- Besan/Kadala maavu – 1 tbsp
- Rice flour – 2 tsp
- Lemon – 1 no
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Clean and wash the fish thoroughly. Slit on the top of the fish, for good marination.
- Grind coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilies to a fine paste by sprinkling little water.
- Take besan, rice flour, curd/yogurt and the ground green paste along with salt and lemon juice in a bowl, mix them all together no lumps should be formed.
- Now rub the masala on both sides of the fish and marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, gently place the fish and drizzle oil along the sides of the fish. Wait for 2 mins till it’s cooked.
- Gently swap the side and drizzle oil along the sides of the fish, wait until it’s cooked.
- Remove from the fire.
Serve hot with thinly sliced onions and lemon wedges.