After a long time, I am preparing something especially on Thursday morning. As we say only in times of something going wrong most of us search for god. Likewise even when there is a small mood out or may be a big problem, I go one and only to god. So unlike others daily I am in need of god, but Thursdays are more special than any other day in my life. I am a big devotee of Sai Baba, so today I drew a swastik kolam and prepared Milk Kesari / Paal Kesari and offered him.
Already I have share rava/semolina kesari and semiya / vermicelli kesari, this comes in that list but here I have used milk instead of water and so the name Milk Kesari or Paal Kesari. This was first time in the preparation of milk kesari and it came out well, things use to come out well even when we are in mood out when it’s done for loved ones. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup and 2 tsp
- Rava / Semolina – 1 ¼ cups
- Clarified Butter / Ghee – 1 ½ tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 8 nos
- Saffron – few strands
- Food colour (yellow) – a pinch
- Dry roast the rava/semolina in a low flame, until nice aroma comes and it start to change in color.
- Spread it in a plate and bring it to room temperature.
- Boil the milk along with saffron, add in the food colour, and let it boil for 3 mins.
- Add in the rava/semolina, little by little start stirring continuously and make sure no lumps are formed. Keep on stirring until the rava gets cooked.
- Add in the sugar and continue stirring till it becomes thicken.
- Heat ghee/clarified butter in a tadka, add in the cashew nuts and raisins, and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Pour the ghee/clarified butter to the rava/semolina along with few cashew nuts and raisins, reserve few cashew nuts and raisins for garnishing.
- Continue folding the kesari by adding clarified butter/ghee, until it reaches the folding consistency.
- Remove from fire and garnish with roasted cashew nuts and raisins before serving.
Serve hot with breakfast or for tea time.