Recently we had this in our friend’s house during our coonoor trip, everyone in our house loved it. I was asking for the recipe, and poorni told the ingredients was only chicken and pepper. Again I am across one of the recipe which was the same as she told me, so planned to try this recipe today in a refreshed mood after a week.
The dish was good, chicken was juicy and the house was filled with pepper and butter aroma. I made in small quantity and it was vanished in minutes. A finger licking dish and everyone must try. I am taking this to Fiesta Friday #67 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Butter – 6 tbsp
- Chicken Drumstick or thigh pieces – 6 nos
- Grated ginger – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper / Peppercorns – 4 tsp (must here)
- Coriander leaves – ½ bunch
- Salt – to taste
- Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces.
- Peel and grate ginger, wash and finely chop the coriander leaves along with the stalks.
- Ground the Black pepper/peppercorns to fine powder.
- Heat butter on medium flame, add grated ginger. Be careful that butter should not be burnt.
- Add chicken pieces, pepper powder and salt. Fry on high flame for 5 minutes, turn the sides and continue frying till the chicken changes colour.
- Lower the heat and cover the chicken with the lid and cook for 15 mins, in between turn the sides of the chicken until tender.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat and add lemon juice (discard the seeds). Cook until it’s dry and crisp.
- Sprinkle the ½ tsp of coarsely blended pepper corns and fresh coriander leaves.
Serve hot. Goes well as starter or even side dish.