Again one more recipe followed to the list of my all-time favorite Chef. Roger Mooking but this time it’s a refreshing drink with a small changes. Do check out my other try from Chef. Roger Mooking – Yogurt with Mint Gremolata, Okra Minced Meat Stir-Fry.
Sparkling Limeade is nothing but lemon, sugar syrup, mint leaves, ice cubes together with sparkling water. Sparkling water is nothing but our carbonated water commonly known as club soda. A good coolant for summer with the healthiness of lime and mint leaves.
- Lime – 4 nos
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 6 Sprigs
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cold sparkling water – 5 cups
- Ice cubes – as you need
- Boil sugar and water in a small pot, allow to boil for few mins and remove from heat.
- Roughly chop 4 mint sprigs, add the chopped mint sprigs and allow to infuse for 30 mins.
- Strain the syrup, pour in the lemon juice and refrigerate it for atleast 30 mins.
- In a small ice tray, pour in the water and add a mint leaves along with a small stalk and a small lemon wedge. Place in freezer, wait till it freezes.
- To serve: In a glass, add in a pinch of salt, 2 tbsp of sugar mint syrup, and then pour in the sparkling water (club soda). Add in the ice cubes, add in lemon wedge and mint leaves if needed.