Another recipe adapted from “The Incredible Spicemen” of BBC, it was drooling out when I saw this recipe and thought of preparing. My kids loved this dish a lot and they wanted me to again, also the first time the clicks was bad. The second time the taste, aroma, texture and clicks everything was fantastic. Still this my kids keep drooling when I say the Apple crumble. A very easy, simple, heavenly dessert.
As it’s Friday, I am taking this to Fiesta Friday #68 hosted by angie @thenovicegardener. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Apples – 3 nos
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 ½ cup
- Butter – 1 ½ cup
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Granulated sugar (plain sugar) – ½ cup
- Cinnamon stick – 1 no
- Star Anise – 1 no
- Salt – a pinch
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. In a bowl, put the flour, brown sugar and ¾ cup butter, rub them into the flour till it looks like bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the flour to the baking tray in a thin layer and bake in microwave for 6 mins or until lightly brown. Remove from the oven for every 2 mins and stir them with a fork, inorder to break out the lumps.
- Peel and roughly chop the apple. Heat butter in a sauce pan, add in the cinnamon stick, star anise when it starts to bubble.
- Add in the apples and cook until the edges become crispy. Add in the granulated sugar and stir well until it dissolves.
- Remove from fire and take out the cinnamon and star anise.
- Remove the crumble from oven when it turns golden brown.
- Grease the baking tray in which you are going prepare the apple crumble and start layering. First spoon apple butter filling and then sprinkle the crumble on the top.
- Again bake it for 5 mins, until the crumble is browned and fruit mixture starts bubbling. Remove from the oven. Bring it room temperature.