I was planning for this dish, but lucky I found to make it recently as I got lettuce from Ooty. The salad was delicious and this can also be used as the filling for sandwich. An easy, simple and healthy recipe, kids love this dish – Kids Friendly, also a best dish for summer.
As it’s Friday, I am taking this to Fiesta Friday #68 hosted by angie@thenovicegarderner. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Chicken – 100 gms
- Onion – 1 no
- Carrots – 1 ½ nos
- Mayyonaise – 3 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Cucumber – ½ no
- Coriander leaves – 4 stalks
- Lettuce – ½ cup
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken and finely chop them into small pieces.
- Peel and finely chop (mince) the onions and cucumber.
- Boil water in a kadai, add in the chicken pieces and cook for 3 mins or until it’s cooked.
- Drain the water and keep the chicken aside.
- Peel and grate the carrots. Wash and chop the lettuce and coriander into small pieces.
- In a bowl, take the onions, carrots, mayonnaise, pepper powder, salt, coriander leaves, chicken pieces, lettuce, and olive oil, mix them well.
- Refrigerate for almost an hour.
- You can roll the salad in a lettuce and serve chilled.
- You can also roll the salad in a thinly sliced (lengthwise) cucumber piece.
- You can also use as a filling for sandwich.