Adai is one of the most common breakfast among the tamil families, Adai makes a perfect pair with Avial. As already told my son is crazy towards, I thought of making egg adai, why can’t when egg dosa is possible.
CLICK HERE for breakfast recipes.
Egg Adai was really fantastic, soft and crunchy. Give a try and have some innovative dish. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my Plain Adai recipe, Murungai Keerai Adai / Moringa Leaves Adai , Adai from Leftover rice, Vazhaipoo Adai / Banana Flower Adai.
- Adai batter– 1 cup
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Onions – 1 no
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- In adai batter, add in the finely chopped onions, cumin seeds and curry leaves floolowed by little salt and turmeric powder. Mix it well.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a tawa, spoon the adai batter and spread it.
- Break egg on the top of the adai, spread it all over the adai with a fork and sprinkle little chili powder and salt.
- Drizzle little oil around the adai, wait until it’s cooked.
- Swap the side and wait until it’s cooked.
- Remove from fire.
Serve hot with sambhar and kara chutney.
- Refer this link or click on the adai batter in the ingredients for adai batter recipe: https://madraasi.com/2015/04/12/adai-dal-dosa-lentil-crepes/
- For more chutney recipe, click this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/chutneys-dips/