As discussed already that I love payasam to the core and this time thought of trying out different, as tamilian for me this palada payasam is something new that I got to know from one my Malayali friend, she prepared for me when I had a visit to her home. Palada is nothing but rice flakes, most common among keralites. It taste delicious, but this happened long back almost six yrs back. But now after blogging, suddenly it came to my mind and thought of preparing it.
CLICK HERE for more Payasam / Pradhaman / Kheer recipes.
Heard that the process of preparing this dish was little difficult and we need more and more patience for it. Coming to the word “Patience”, I never have it in my dictionary, so thought of trying it in pressure cooker, also I was little nervous since my first time in preparation but never expected the result, payasam came out well with delicious taste, wonderful fragrance, attractive color, perfect texture and the most important it took out just 20 mins to cook. Also check out my other payasam recipe, by clicking this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/desserts/. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Rice Ada – ¾ cup (Available in all asian stores)
- Boiled milk – ½ litre
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 8 nos
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Clarified butter / Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Water – 2 cup
Making of Palada Payasam recipe / Palada Pradhaman in cooker –
- Soak the rice ada for about 20 mins in water. Drain the water and keep the ada aside.
- Boil the milk and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of clarified butter/ghee in pressure-cooker, add in sugar and stir it, until it melts in ghee.
- Add in the rice ada, cook in medium flame for 2 mins or until it gets coated well with sugar and clarified butter/ghee.
- Pour in the milk and water, bring it boil and then pressure-cook for 1 whistle.
- Open the lid, when the pressure subsides. It would be pink in color, keep in medium flame and sprinkle cardamom powder, keep on stirring once in a while until it thickens.
- In another kadai, heat 1 tbsp of clarified butter/ghee and add the cashew nuts, wait till it turns light brown in color.
- Add in the raisins, wait until it doubles in size. Remove from fire and pour it to the payasam but reserve little of the roasted nuts.
- Remove from fire, when it thickens.
Serve hot by topping the reserved roasted nuts.
This sweet/payasam is very tempting..Mouth wwattering 🙂
Give a try.
Payasam looks too good deepa.With all the cashews