Coming to this drink, “Palarasam”, hope all tamilians will be drooling after reading the name. This is one among the most common tamilian drink and is found in every nook and corners along the streets of Tuticorin, south TamilNadu. The word “Pazham” is fruits and “Rasam” is juice, it’s nothing but the mixture of fruits, banana is the main ingredient here. This is drink is prepared with well ripen fruits, inorder to avoid them from getting rotten.
It’s an easy and simple drink, prepared by mashing all the ripen fruits together with your hands. Try out this drink and hereafter no wastage of fruits.
It’s Friday and I am taking to the Fiesta Friday #69 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Mango (well ripen) – 2 nos
- Banana (well ripen) – 2 nos
- Apple – 1 ½ no
- Sugar – 1 tbsp or Nannari syrup – 2 tbsp
- Peel all the fruits. Roughly chop the apples and take it alone in the blender and blend it alone for few seconds.
- Now take all the fruits in a mixing bowl along with sugar and start crumbling them with your fingers.
- Take out the seeds, crumble them well.
- Refrigerate for about half an hour.
Serve chilled or can be served at room temperature also.
Note: You also use sapotta/sapodilla, grapes and pineapple along with this. You increase or decrease the quantity of the fruit according to your taste. I have used brown sugar and sprinkled little brown before serving.
Also check out my other juices, mojito in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/