This is my 4th product review for Eastern Condiments. This time a good try with their BEEF ULARTHU Masala. I have come across this masala through my bestie, he use to tell that beef when prepared this masala is unbeatable in Kerala. But I haven’t tried out this, now it’s time for me to try out this recipe when I got a packet of this masala through Eastern Condiments for their product review.
But still now I haven’t handled beef at my kitchen and may be at future I could try it. So I have prepared this with Minced meat of Lamb/Goat. We all loved the taste, even the minced meat came out well soft and spongy, with attractive color and very good aroma. So guys give a try to this masala, which is worth for an awesome side dish for a perfect lunch. Now let us move on to the recipe…
- Minced meat – 500 gm
- Eastern Beef Ularthu Masala – 2 tsp
- Onions – 2 nos
- Garlic clove – 6 nos
- Ginger – 2 “ inch stick
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Crush the ginger and garlic using pestle and mortar.
- Pressure-cook minced meat along with a tsp of chili powder, turmeric powder, half the amount of crushed ginger and garlic in water for 3 whistles.
- Open the lid, when the pressure subsides. Drain out the excess water from the meat and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions and leftover crushed ginger, garlic. Sprinkle ½ tsp of EASTERN Beef ularthu masala and cook till the onion turn golden brown in color.
- Add in the minced meat followed by a 1 ½ tsp of EASTERN Beef Ularthu Masala and salt. Cook until the raw smell goes off by sprinkling a tbsp of water or until the minced meat turns dark brown in color.
Serve hot with steamed rice and any curry.
If you find the post interesting, do encourage me by your follow, likes, shares and valuable comments on: Facebook – Madraasi, Twitter – ImMadraasi, Google+ – ImMadraasi, Instagram- ImMadraasi, Tumblr – ImMadraasi, Pinterest – ImMadraasi
I don’t think if we will get it here. . But the recipe looks yummmy
Hope you will get in asian stores, eastern condiments are available in all countries. Where are you?
I am in uk.
Then sure you will get in all Indian stores