Mostly once in a week, I use to prepare variety rice which would be easy even in lazy times. I need to pack out lunch for both my hubby and kids, so the lunch would packed around 7.45 for my daughter. But there are times I get up late from bed, I need to hurry in preparation, by that time I go for pilaf/pulav may be veg or non-veg. This time I have prepared chicken pulav/chicken pilaf for lunch box, the texture and the taste was too good. I would say a simple, easy, less time consuming non vegetarian variety rice. Kids love this a lot because of the mild spiciness. Check out my other pulav recipes: Soya Nuggets Pulav, Afghan Lamb Pulav, Prawn green peas Pulav and Vegetable Pulav. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Onions – 1 ½ nos
- Bay leaf – 1 no
- Star anise – 2 nos
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick – 1 “inch stick (2 nos)
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Long grain/Basmathi rice – 2 ½ cup
- Yogurt/Curd – 2 ½ tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clarified butter/Ghee – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Oil – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions. Slit the green chilies into two equal halves.
- Clean and marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, a tbsp of yogurt
- Wash the rice, drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee/clarified butter and oil in a pressure-cooker, add in the spices (bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and star anise) and wait till they crackle.
- Add in the sliced onions and cook until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add in the chicken pieces and cook for few mins, until the chicken turn light white in color.
- Add in the rice and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in 4 ½ cups of water followed by 1 ½ tbsps of yogurt/curd and salt, wait until it boils.
- Pressure-cook for 2 whistles. Remove the lid when the pressure subsides, give a stir and serve hot.
Serve hot with any gravy. Goes out well for lunch. I have accompanied this with Chicken yogurt gravy and Coleslaw.
I am sure I can make that one .. will try it for sure.. looks yummy
I am SO PLEASED to see a very tasty recipe which is suitable for my pressure cooker! Thank you!!!
My pleasure sir and Thanks for your kind words 🙂