Recently my daughter has gone crazy towards paratha and she wants me to try out something new in paratha’s for dinner. This resulted in today’s mooli paratha – nothing but I have stuffed paratha with fried grated mooli with green chilies. A healthy, delicious dinner not only for kids but for everyone. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Mooli/Radish – ½ kg
- Green chilies – 1 no
- Garam Masala / Curry Masala – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Wheat flour / Atta – 3 cups
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel and grate the radish, squeeze out the water in the radish with your hands. Slit and finely chop the green chilies.
- Heat ½ tsp of oil in a kadai, add in the cumin seeds, grated radish, garam masala, green chilies followed by salt, cook until the radish becomes dry.
- In a mixing bowl, take the wheat flour with required amount of salt, make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in ½ cup of water and start kneading the dough to a ball, add water if required.
- Pour in a tbsp of oil over the dough and knead it for few mins, then roll it together to a ball.
- Make medium sized ball out of the dough, spread flour over the rolling pan and flatten the dough with the rolling pin.
- Take a spoon full of grated radish and keep it in the centre of the dough, roll it again gently by dusting the flour.
- Heat oil in the griddle, gently place the paratha and drizzle oil around the paratha.
- Swap the sides and cook both the sides.
Serve hot with any dips. I have served it with Boondi (spicy/kara boondhi) Raitha and Tomato Ketchup.
Note: You can substitute chili powder with green chilies or can leaves of the green chilies.
Also check out my Aloo Paratha, Gobi Paratha, Methi Paratha, Soya chunks Paratha and Spinach Paratha.