As discussed already about Dry fish, this is one of my collections with Anchovies. Each and every fish has unique taste and as the same with dry fish. Check out my other Dry fish by clicking this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/non-vegetarian/seafood/. Let me share the Anchovies Dry fish curry with you all…
- Dry fish (Anchovies) – 2 handful
- Onions – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – two sprigs
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Tamarind – a gooseberry size
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Clean the dry fish by soaking it two cups of water for few min, drain the water. Repeat the same process for few more times until the sand comes out from the dry fish.
- Peel and chop the onions into fine pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes into fine pieces. Prepare Tamarind extract and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in mustard and cumin seeds, followed by curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook until they turn transparent.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add in the spice powders along with little salt and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the tamarind extract, wait till it gets boils.
- Add in the dry fish, cover and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Remove the lid, keep in medium flame, until the curry reaches semi-thick consistency.