Already I have shared few recipes with IceApple / Nungu, you could check out those recipes by clicking their names – Nungu Crumble, Nungu Payasam/Kheer and this is another delicious, yummilicious and mouth licking drink. My son never eats this Nungu/Ice apple, but he had this drink happily. A good source of coolant for summer. So I would say this as “Kids-Friendly” recipe. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Ice-apple / Nungu – 7 nos
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Milk – ½ litre
- Rose essence – ½ tsp
- Boil and bring the milk to room temperature or can use chilled milk also.
- Peel and wash the nungu/ice apple.
- Take four nungu/ice apple, sugar, 2 cups of milk, rose essence in blender and blend them well, no lumps should be there.
- Pour the blended mixture the rest of the milk and give a stir.
- Crumble rest of the nungu with your hands. Keep it aside.
- Pour the nungu milk into a tall glass, gently add in the nungu crumble as much as you wish.
Note: Adjust the quantity of sugar as per your taste. Do not use hot or warm milk, because the mikd would be curdled when blended with Iceapple/Nungu. Refrigerate and serve chilled.