Falooda is a cold beverage popular In Indian subcontinent. It is made from mixing rose syrup, vermicelli, basil (sabza seeds), tapioca pearls, milk and pieces of gelatin and topped with ice-cream of any flavor. Falooda is a version of Persian dessert known as faloodeh and is believed to have brought to Indian during the Mughal period.
My daughter use to have falooda at restaraunts, but I never thought of trying at home. One day my daughter was asking me to check out for recipe and asked me to give a try. I too prepared it the very next day when I found out the recipe was very easy. You can change the ingredients according to your taste. Since now its mango mango mango all over the city, I took mango as the main ingredient but tried out with caramel syrup and rose syrup. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Vermicelli / Semiya – 1 cup
- Sabza seeds – ½ cup
- Apples – 2 nos
- Mangoes – 4 nos
- Rose essence – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ice-cream – 7 scoops(any flavor)
- Boil the semiya in water, drain the water and pat dry it in a plate. Keep it aside.
- Soak the sabza seeds in a cup of water for 20 mins.
- Peel and cut 3 mangoes, blend them to a fine paste. (Add in a tbsp. of sugar if needed).
- Rose syrup: Boil the 4 tbsp of water with tbsp of sugar, add 1 tsp of rosemilk essence, wait until it thickens. Remove from fire and keep it aside.
- Caramel syrup: Heat 4 tbsp of sugar in a kadai, stir until it melts and turn dark brown in color. Bring it to low flame suddenly once the sugar turn golden brown and pour in a tbsp. of water immediately. Stir it well by pouring ½ cup of water, until the sugar crystals dissolves and thickens.
- Peel and chop the apples and mangoes to fine pieces.
- Take a tall glass, pour in a tbsp of rose syrup or caramel syrup, then add in a tbsp of soaked sabza seeds, then add in a tbsp of boiled vermicelli, add in a tbsp of blended mango pulp, add in tbsp of chopped apples and mango pieces, add in a 2 tsp of sabza seeds and then boiled vermicelli, pour in a tbsp of milk, pour in a tbsp of rose syrup or caramel syrup, add in a tbsp. of chopped mango and apples pieces and top it with a scoop of ice-cream of your choice.
- Serve immediately before the ice-cream melts.
Note: You can use any fruits, any syrup or any flavor of ice-cream as per your choice. But be sure that all these ingredients should be combined as such they give good taste and flavor. If you want colourful you can use mixed fruits and colourful syrup for layering. For example, here you can top with mango ice-cream and use caramel syrup, to make more attractive and to increase the flavor.
Can it get any better than THIS???
Wow.. super deepa. Love the layers
Can I have glass please.it looks very delicious dear
Sure, come home will prepare for you 🙂