As already discussed about this Naaval palam or Naava Palam or Indian Blackplum fruit, it is a great coolant and a seasonal fruit found along the month of May to August. I have shared a juice recipe – Naaval Palam Juice/Indian Blackplum Juice, and now this time it’s a lemonade with Indian Blackplum.
This lemonade was too good, with sweet, lemony and little astringent taste. Once done store it in refrigerator or it would enhance bitter taste. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Naaval palam / Indian Blackplum – 15 nos
- Lemon – 2 nos
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 6 nos
- Wash and chop the Indian blackplum by deseeding it.
- Cut the lemon into two equal halves. Squeeze out the juice and keep it aside.
- In a blender, take chopped Indian blackplum/Naaval palam with lemon juice, sugar and a cup of water and blend well to a smooth paste.
- Add another two cups of water and blend well.
- Strain the juice through filter, throw away the strained pulp.
- Pour in another two cups of water to the lemonade and mix well.
Refrigerate and serve chilled by topping with mint leaves.