Already I have shared a beetroot stir fry, and this one is something different than the previous one. I have chopped the beetroots and induced cumin powder to enhance the taste. As already told beetroot has too many health benefits – improves low blood pressure, enhances the blood flow, boosts energy and so on. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Beetroot – 2 nos
- Onions – 1 no
- Green chili – 2 nos
- Cumin powder – ¾ tsp
- Grated coconut – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Peel and finely chop the onions and green chilies.
- Peel and chop the beetroot, to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook until they are transparent.
- Add in the beetroots and cook for 3 mins.
- Add in the cumin powder and salt and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in 3 tbsp of water, cover and cook until the beetroots are tender (cooked).
- Add in the grated coconut and cook until the raw smell goes off or until the coconut are cooked.
- Remove from fire.
Serve hot with steamed rice and any mutton or chicken curry.