Fish sandwich is quite interesting and easy to prepare, but consumes little time to prepare and what you all need is fish pieces with few bones, so that it would be easy to separate the meat from bones. Kids love this dish because they could consume the fish without any bones. So my son loves this a lot. Also I have accompanied this sandwich with fish fry again a kid’s favorite as it would be less spicy, crispy and soft. This fish sandwich along with fish fry goes out well for dinner with tomato ketchup and mayonnaise.
I am taking it to Fiesta Friday # 75 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner. Let us move on to the recipe:
For Fish Filling:
- Fish pieces – 250 gm
- Onions – 1no
- Green chilies – 1 no
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Boiled and mashed potato – ½ cup
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Olive Oil – 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil the fish pieces with water along with little salt.
- Finely chop the onions and green chilies.
- Drain the water, separate the fish from bones and crumble them gently with your hands.
- Take the crumbled fish, green chilies, salt, cumin powder, pepper powder together in a bowl and mix it well with your hands.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the fish mixture and cook for 5 mins in medium flame.
- Remove from fire and bring to room temperature.
For Fish Fry:
- Fish – 500 gm
- All purpose flour / Maida – 2 tbsp
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil for frying
- Wash the fish and slice the fish (lengthwise) into two equal halves.
- Marinate the fish with a tsp of pepper powder and salt.
- Break the eggs and beat them with little salt in a wide mouth bowl.
- Take all purpose flour/maida, chili powder, pepper powder, salt and mix them all together.
- Heat oil in a griddle, dust the fish in the mixed flour, dip in the egg mixture and place it gently in the griddle. Cook for 5 – 8 mins until it’s cooked.
- Swap the fish and cook for another 5 mins.
- Remove from fire.
Layering the Sandwich:
- Fish Filling – 2 cups
- Fish Fry – 5 nos
- Bread slices – 10 nos
- Cheese slices – ¼ cup
- Chop the cheese slices into medium pieces.
- Take two bread slices, place 2 tsps of fish filling, few pieces of cheese slices and spread it over the bread.
- In another slice, spread a tsp of mayonnaise and now club both the bread slices.
- Toast the sandwich and serve hot.
Serve with Fish fry, mayonnaise and Tomato Ketchup.