Here comes one more entry to my Dosa list, Mysore masala Dosa one of my all-time favorite. The very first time I had this Mysore Masala Dosa in Bangalore an year back in a small restaurant. After having the dosa, I have been crazy for it, atleast once in a month I use to have it. My daughter also loves it a lot, but she feels the red chili chutney spreaded in the dosa too spicy and so she requested me to prepare it at home with less spiciness. I started hunting recipes and finally was full filled by a recipe and prepared at home.
Check out my other breakfast recipe: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/
We loved it more than that of the restaurant’s one. Let us move on to the recipe…
Here the starts the weekend madness, let us party with Fiesta Friday #78 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Dosa Batter – 1 cup
- Potato Filling – 1 cup
- Red chili Chuntey – ½ cup
- Oil – as required
- For potato filling:
- Ingredients: Potatoes – ½ kg, Onion – 1 no, Green chili – 1 no, Asafoetida – a pinch, oil-2 tsp, mustard seeds – ¼ tsp, cumin seeds – ¼ tsp, curry leaves – 1 sprig, salt to taste.
- Preparation: Boil the potatoes, drain the water and mash them well. Peel and finely chop the onions and green chilies. Heat oil in a kadhai, add in ¼ tsp of mustard, cumin seeds, and green chilies and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle. Add in the onions and cook until they golden brown. Add in the mashed pototo, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, asafetida and salt. Pour in ½ cup of water, give a stir, cover and cook until the gravy thickens. Remove from fire.
- Heat the griddle and rub oil on the griddle. Spoon the batter in the griddle and spread it all over the griddle with the back side of the spoon.
- Now add 2 tsp of red chili chutney on the top of the dosa and spread it with the spoon.
- Add in a tbsp. of potato filling over the red chili chutney and spread it with the back side of the spoon.
- Drizzle few drops of oil along the sides and over the dosa. Keep in medium flame and cover it with the lid.
- Cook for few mins, fold the dosa and remove it to the plate.
Serve hot with sambhar and chutney. I have accompanied it with sambhar and red chili chuntey.
Note: Spread the red chili chutney as per your taste buds.
I love dosas..and mysore masala is my favourite!! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!! 😉👍
I have a friend who was born in Mysore! Kesava Murthy
So I took you to your memories 🙂
Yes, yes you certainly did and they are all GOOD memories!
Yummy yummy dosa!
Awhile back I bought a dosa griddle maybe because of one of your recipes and I have yet to use it. I love kitchen gadgets and get ahead of myself – maybe this time I will. Thanks for sharing another delicious dosa – I like heat and spiciness! Happy FF!
Nice to hear from you :). so you will have your favorite dosa by your own, so lovely 🙂