Here comes my lovely experience with FBAB 4th meetup in YAUATCHA restaurant, Bangalore. As it was my 3rd meetup with FBAB, this time I enjoyed a lot and got in touch with few of new foodies. Thanks to FBAB for their invite.
This time it was on a weekday, 28th of July around 7:30 to 9:00, this time I was bit late due to the heavy traffic on C.M.H. Road.
Yauatcha is Chinese restaurant created by Alan Yau in 2004, who is also the owner of Japanese Wagamama and Busaba Eathai. We have been invited for the review of their Dim sum trail and Dessert platter.
These Dim sums are something new to me, thought they are the same as that of momos. But both are different whereas momos are native to Nepal and they are wrapped with dough and juicy filling at the centre.
Dim Sum: Dim sums are Cantonese food that has grown increasingly popular in western world. Dim sum mean “touch the heart” in Chinese, which were designed to touch the heart and were served as snack with flavorful tea. Really a good experience and love the taste of dim sums.
There are few varieties of Dimsums with unique taste, those dimsums were not only steamed but also baked and fried. First we were served with dimsums and we were also guided to hold and eat with Chopstick, a good experience. Finally we were served with dessert platter, I love the macroons (6 varieties).
Sauces: Burnt Chili sauce, Soy sauce, Hot Garlic sauce and Duck sauce
- Fried Turnip Cake: It was delicious, the very first time I experienced the taste of turnip – Heavenly. It was crispy outside and was very soft inside. Also it was served along with fried garlic pieces.
- Crispy Vegetable Cheung Fun: I loved it to the core, it was folded with the dough and filled with crispy vegetables inside as its name “Cripsy Vegetable Cheung Fun”. Cheng Fun are served with in a pool of salt or sweet soy sauce.
- Prawn shanghai Dumpling
- Crispy Duck roll: Basically I am fond of Duck meat, these crispy duck rolls was too good with a crispy layer outside and the duck filling, moreover when accompanied with Duck sauce — no words.
- Chicken char sui bun: It was sweet, filled with mildly spiced chicken and the dough in the outer portion is softly steamed. My favorite among all these varieties.
- Vegetable Crystal Dumplings: It looks very attractive where the outer layer is very transparent filled with vegetables.
- Pickled vegetables
The dessert platter has mousse, cake and 6 varieties of Macroons. Macroons was perfect, may be their shape, taste and texture.
Last but not least even my family was having dinner by that time at Yautacha, my kids loved their Turnip cake and my hubby their Crispy Duck roll with Duck sauce. Later on I was telling them about the other varieties which tasted more delicious, so maybe soon I will be visiting with my family.