Long ago I got this recipe in a Cookery show by Chellam Gopalakrishnan, I love all her recipes, from the way she describes the making of the dish, and one could feel her love, dedication towards food. I started baking frequently only after watching her cookery programs. This one was my family’s favourite biscuit from my hands. I bake this very often, since it’s very easy to bake and needs very less ingredients. A perfect tea time snack. Let us move on to the recipe…
As it’s Friday, I am taking it to Fiesta Friday #79 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Butter – 200 gm
- All purpose flour / Maida – 200 gm
- Powdered sugar – 100 gm
- Custard powder – 60 gm
- Salt – a pinch
Making of Yoyo Biscuits / Custard Cookies –
- In a bowl, sieve all purpose flour/maida and custard powder.
- Bring the butter to room temperature.
- Add in the powdered sugar to the flour and mix it well.
- Add in the butter and stir it well with your hands, until it comes to the folding consistency.
- Leave it to rest for 5 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and dust it with all purpose flour.
- Now divide the dough into small portions and roll them to small balls and flatten with your hands.
- Place the biscuits one by one gently and continue baking at 180 degree C for 4 mins or until it starts browning.
- Leave it to cool (room temperature) in the tray for 10 mins.
Serve hot with Coffee, tea or milk. A perfect tea time snack for kids.
Note: Store it in air-tight container for a week. Also check out my other baking recipes: https://madraasi.com/recipes/baking/