After a long time, I was about to bake as my kids want something like cookies or biscuits for their snack. My families’ favorite biscuits from my hands are custard biscuits which I have shared with all of you recently, apart from this I came across Maida Biscuits recently from one of my friend Swapna.
This Maida Biscuit is also known as Shrewsbury Biscuit and this is one of the signature snack of my hometown “Tuticorin”. I and my kids love this a lot. The taste was good. A perfect tea time snack. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other baking recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/baking/.
- All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Clarified butter/ghee – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Powder the sugar.
- Sieve the flour in a wide mouth bowl, add in the sugar. Mix it well.
- Melt the ghee/clarified butter and pour it the flour little by little, keep on stirring.
- Roll it to a dough or divide them into small portions, and roll it to small portions.
- Let it rest for 10 mins.
- Grease a baking tray. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Flatten the small balls and place it in the greased tray, leave enough spaces between those biscuits.
- Bake in 180 degree C for 5 mints, be sure that it should not turn golden brown or brown. It should be pale white in color.
Serve as tea time snack.
Note: Store it in an air-tight container for future use. Stays fresh for a week time.