Banana Flower Fritters is one of the healthiest food for everyone, also it tastes delicious, crispy outside and soft inside. But only the cleaning of the banana flower is very tiresome job, I use to clean during evenings and refrigerate overnight for morning use. This dish is one of my favorite fritters.
Health benefits of Banana Flower: It helps in weight loss because of its fiber content. It helps in menustral problems. It is a diabetic friendly and also good for lactating mothers. Let us move on to the recipe…
It’s Friday and I am taking to the Fiesta Friday #80 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Banana flower – 1 nos
- Channa dal / Kadalai parauppu/Bengal gram – 200 gm
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Ginger – 1” inch stick
- Onion – 1 no
- Fennel seeds / Perunjeeragam – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Oil – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Soak channa dal /Bengal gram for half an hour in water.
- Clean the banana flower and soak it in warm for half an hour.
- Take garlic, ginger, fennel seeds and channa dal, ground them coarsely.
- Add in the banana flower to the ground mixture and continue grinding.
- Sprinkle little water, check out no strings of banana flower is there, and else keep on grinding continuously.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add in required amount of salt. Stir it well.
- Peel and chop the onions, add the onions, curry leaves to the ground mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai, take small portion of ground mixture, roll it to small balls, and flatten them gently. (should be flatten nicely)
- Drop it one by one, deep fry in low flame for 3 mins, then swap the side and fry for another 3 mins.
- Remove from oil, place in tissue paper to remove the excess oil.