Only when I happen to see the top trend – “National Burger Day” on twitter, I came to know that today is National Burger Day. But the time when I happened to see was almost 9 p.m and I was much worried it was night and could not prepare anything. But my daughter gave me an idea, why don’t we prepare something different in burger, may be a Fruit Burger. The idea was too good and then we started executing the idea, but I had only apples at home. I asked my hubby to get some fruits from the nearby shop along with a burger bun. But he could not find a burger bun, he bought a bun and then transformed it to a burger bun and also he bought kiwi, banana and pear. Also we used Hershey’s syrup for further taste. #NationalBurgerDay.
A healthy burger with the healthiness of the fruits like apple, pear, kiwi and banana for breakfast. A healthy breakfast not only kids but also for elders. The burger was delicious, yummy, crunchy, and soft with wonderful fruit flavor. “WISH YOU ALL A NATIONAL BURGER DAY”. Let us move on the recipe…
I am taking this to Fiesta Friday #83 hosted by angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Burger buns – 5 nos
- Apple – 2 nos
- Pear – 2 nos
- Kiwi – 2 nos
- Banana – 3 nos
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Hershey’s syrup (chocolate) – 4 tbsp.
- In a wide mouth bowl, take water and add ¼ tsp of salt, dissolve it well.
- Peel the fruits (apple, pear) and soak it in the water for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile peel kiwi and banana, thinly slice them (round shape).
- Drain the water and thinly slice the apple and pear to round shape.
- Melt the butter in a pan in medium heat, gently place the fruits, cook until they turn light golden brown.
- Swap the side and cook until they turn golden brown (other side).
- Gently remove them to a plate and keep it aside, continue it for all the slices.
- Now slice the bun into equal halves, spread hershey’s syrup over the bun, add gently layer the fruits (apple, pear, kiwi, apple and banana) one by one.
- Close the bun and drizzle little hershey’s syrup over the bun.
Serve immediately. Goes out well for breakfast or snacks for kids.