Payasam/Kheer is a South Asian pudding made by boiling rice, broken rice, broken wheat, tapioca, vermicelli or with few variety of dals with milk and sugar. It is flavored with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashew nuts, pista and almonds.
This payasam/kheer is served as a dessert. Mostly they are prepared suring times of festivals and occasions like marriage, housewarming and so on. In Tamil Nadu, payasam is one of the must dish in all good occasions.
It is known as payasam, payasa, payesh, kheer according to the region. The word paysam is derived form payasa, meaning milk.
Not only in houses and occasions, but it is also prepared in temples as offering to god and then later served to all the devotees who come to the temple.
I am a big fan of payasam, already I have shared few payasam recipes and now let me bring them all together in a page, so that it would be easy for a quick view. I am sure this list never ends and will update once in a while. Do check out the recipes, by clicking on the name of the payasam …
Iam taking this to Fiesta Friday #83 hosted by angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Arisi Payasam / Rice Kheer
- Aval Payasam / Flattened Rice Kheer – 1
- Aval Payasam / Flattened Rice Kheer – 2
- Apple Payasam / Apple Kheer
- Carrot Payasam / Carrot Kheer
- Paasi Paruppu Payasam / Moong Dal Kheer
- Rava Payasam / Semolina Kheer
- Javvarisi Payasam / Sago Kheer
- Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli Kheer
- Nungu Payasam / Ice Apple Kheer
- Yelaneer Payasam / Tender Coconut Kheer
- Paneer Payasam / Paneer Kheer
- Palada Payasam
- Aadi Thengaipaal / Coconut Milk Kheer
- Poosani Payasam / Pumpkin Kheer
If you find the post interesting, do encourage me by your follows, likes, shares and valuable comments on: Facebook – Madraasi, Twitter – ImMadraasi, Google+ – ImMadraasi, Instagram- ImMadraasi, Tumblr – ImMadraasi, Pinterest – ImMadraasi .