I have already shared few mushroom recipes and now this time a completely a new recipe. A perfect side dish for chapathi or any Indian breads. While I was googling just like that, I got this recipe, but I have tried something in my trend. The dish came out very well, delicious and aromatic. My daughter loved this a lot.
A good dish which helps in digestion, since there are minced garlic and also I have used white wine and for those who doesn’t use white wine can go for white vinegar.
A healthy yummy dinner with chapathi, spicy mushrooms, curd/yogurt and cucumber slices. Let us move on to the recipe…
Also check out my other Mushroom recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2015/08/12/mushroom/
- Onions – 3 nos
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Coriander leaves – 7 stalks
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Mushrooms – 300 gm
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Potato – 2 nos (medium size)
- White Wine or White Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash the mushrooms in tap water, soak mushrooms in hot water and cover with lid for 15 mins. Drain the water and Keep it aside.
- Chop the mushrooms into medium size.
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic into fine pieces
- Wash and chop the coriander leaves into fine pieces.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add in cumin seeds and wait until they crackle.
- Add in the finely chopped onions and garlic, cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the coriander leaves, cook until the leaves turn dark green in color.
- Add in the mushrooms and potatoes along with chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt. Cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in the white wine or vinegar and cook for few mins, until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water, cover and cook until the potatoes are done.
- Remove the lid, keep in medium flame and wait until the oil separates and floats on the top.
Serve hot with chapathi and curd/yogurt. I have accompanied it with chapathi, curd/yogurt and cucumber pieces.