Aval /Poha / Beaten Rice laddu is yummy and delicious snack, which can be made in minutes at times of festival or any occasions. These are offered to Lord Krishna on Krishna Jayanthi / Krishna Janmashtami. Also it’s very easy and simple to prepare. Let us move on to the recipe…
Aval Ladoo recipe in youtube / Making of Aval Ladoo –
Check out my other snacks recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/snacks/
- Poha/Aval/Beaten Rice – 2 cups
- Roasted gram – ¾ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cashewnuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 8 nos
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 3 tbsp.
- Roast poha/aval/beaten rice in a kadhai with a tsp of ghee/clarified butter for few min or until it start turning golden brown. Transfer it to a plate.
- Roast roasted gram in a kadhai with ½ tsp of ghee/clarified butter for 2 mins or until it start turning golden brown. Transfer it to the plate.
- Bring the roasted ingredients to room temperature.
- Grind the roasted ingredients together to fine powder. Remove it to a bowl.
- Grind the sugar to fine powder and transfer it to the bowl.
- Heat the leftover ghee/clarified butter in a kadhai, add in cashewnuts and raisins and roast until the cashewnuts turns golden brown and raisins doubles in size.
- Pour it to the grounded powder and mix it well with a wooden spoon.
- Take a small portion of flour and hold it tightly within your palms and bring it to round shape (small ball).
- Place it in a plate.
Note: Store it in an air-tight container, so that it stays fresh for almost 5 days. You can include few more ghee/clarified butter to the flour if you are not able to shape the laddus.