Butter Murukku is murukku made with butter, it was delicious and melts in mouth. Usually murukku/chakli would be crunchy but here this one melts in mouth. Also it’s very easy, simple and can be prepared in minutes. As the name, you should not replace butter with oi or ghee, then you won’t get the perfect taste. I prepared this yesterday for Krishna Jayanthi/Janmashtami but I was about to over by now ;P.
Check out my other snack recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/snacks/ and CLICK HERE for more Krishna Jayanthi recipes. Let us move on to the recipe…
It’s Friday and I am taking this to Fiesta Friday #84 hosted by angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Rice flour – 2 cup
- Besan flour / Kadala maavu – ¼ cup
- Gram flour / Pottukadalai maavu – ¼ cup
- Butter – ¼ cup (room temperature)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Take rice flour, besan flour, gram flour, butter, asafetida, cumin seeds and butter in a wide mouth bowl, mix them well. Sprinkle water little by little and knead it to a fine non-sticky dough.
- Take the muruku/chakli mould and grease it with oil.
- Heat oil in a kadai, wait until oil is very hot.
- Divide the dough into small portion and fill it in the mould.
- Now press the murukku/chakkli to the oil.
- Cook in medium flame, swap the side when the ooze sound or bubbles comes down.
- Remove it and drain the oil. Bring it to room temperature and store it in an air-tight container.
Store in an air-tight container, so that it stays fresh for almost a week time.
Murruku is my favourite snack ever
Give a try lina
These look lovely and so moreish, kind of like savoury funnel cake! Thanks for sharing with FF#84
Thank you. Do check out my blog for more recipes, hope it would worth your time. Have a great weekend 🙂
Chakkli…so yummy… You are really making me miss being in India right now!
This one is very easy when you have murrukku press 🙂
Ya, I know… Need to get the press when I visit India next time… 🙂
I so wish I had the press! These look great!
Give a try, enjoy a perfect snack with coffee