This recipe is completely different from all the other recipes, all the others were savory or sweet. But here I have mixed curd/yogurt and green chilies with poha/aval and so it has both sour and little spicy taste. This dish is good for summers. I have made this as an offering to Lord Krishna for Krishna Jeyanthi / Janmastami / Gokulastami. Let us move on to the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Krishna Jeyanthi recipes / Gokulastami recipes / Janmastami recipes.
- Aval / Poha / Beaten Rice – 1 cup
- Curd / Yogurt – ½ cup
- Green chili – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Cucumber – 1 no
- Asafoetida /Hing / Perungayam – a pinch
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil – a tsp
- Soak the aval/poha in water for 5 mins.
- Finely chop the green chilies, peel and finely chop the cucumber.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard, black gram, asafoetida, green chili and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Meanwhile beat the curd/yogurt and keep it aside.
- Drain the water from the soaked poha/aval, transfer it to a bowl, pour in the curd/yogurt with little salt.
- Mix them well. Add in the finely chopped cucumber and give a stir.
Serve after lunch or during lunch, good for summers.
Love the flavors of spicy!
Thank you Lynz
something so new for me.. Yummy and delicious Deepa..