Sambar Idly is my all-time favorite breakfast dish. Mostly kids love to have this sambar idly recipe, with a dollop of ghee/clarified butter.
Do check out my other breakfast recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Idly Batter – 2 cups
- Mini Idly moulds with Idly steamer
- Sambar – 3 cups
- Ghee / Clarified butter – 1 tbsp
- Coriander stalks – 2 nos
- Pour in water and boil let the water boil in the idly steamer.
- Grease the idly moulds, scoop in the batter with a spoon in the idly moulds.
- Place it in the idly steamer, cover and cook for 7 to 10 mins.
- Remove the lid, insert a toothpick in one of the idly and if the tooth pick comes out clean, then idly’s are cooked else cover and cook for few more mins.
- Remove the idly’s to a small plate and pour in 2 laddles of hot sambar along with a tsp of ghee/clarified butter over the idly.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.