This is an authentic and traditional recipe of south Indians. All the fishes can be cooked in the same masala, this pomfret goes out well with this masala after 30 mins of marination. Give a try and now let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my seafood recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/non-vegetarian/seafood/
I am taking to the Fiesta Friday #85 hosted by angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Pomfret / Vaaval – 5 nos
- Red chili powder – 2 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon – 1 no
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash and clean the fish, make small slits over the both sides of the fish.
- Take all the spice powders together in a bowl with required amount of salt along with lemon juice.
- Mix them all together by sprinkling little water, rub the masala on the fish.
- Marinate for 30 mins.
- Heat a 2 tsp of oil in pan, place the fish gently and shallow fry them for 5 mins.
- Swap the sides and drizzle a tsp of oil and shallow fry them.
- Remove from fire.
Serve hot. I have served it for lunch with Pomfret curry and Boiled egg.
Note: Marination under sunlight takes only 15 mins for marination, when compared to marination in refrigerator which takes 30 mins.
This to good:) I love seafood
This sounds very tasty! I love fish, and would love to try a bite of this dish! Happy Fiesta Friday!