Sweet Kozhukattai is also one such version of kozhukattai, made with the leftover poornam and leftover rice flour, so that nothing will be wasted. This is also delicious and yummy which can be made fresh flour and freshly made poornam. Just like that after preparing maodagam, I had few leftover and assembled them as this sweet kozhukattai.
Do check out my other snacks recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/snacks/
Let us move on to the recipe…
- Rice flour – ½ cup
- Poornam – ¼ cup
- Pooranam: Pressure cook bengal gram/kadala paruppu/channadal, cook grated coconut and crushed jaggery for 5 mins to rolling consistency. Mash pressure-cooked channadal/kadala paruppu with jaggery mixture.
- Boil a ½ cup of water, pour the water little by little to the rice flour and bring it to crumbling consistency.
- Add in the pooranam and mix it well with the rice flour.
- Take small portions of the rice flour and shape it to medium balls.
- Steam it for 10 – 15 mins.
Serve hot. This also can be served as offering to Lord Vinayaga on Vinayagar Chathurthi.