Already I have shared one Modagam recipe – stuffed with Channadal / Bengal gram / Kadala Paruppu, again this is the same but the stuffing completely differs here. This is also served as an offering to Lord Vinayaga on Vinayagar Chathurthi. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Grated or Crushed Jaggery – ¼ cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Heat 2 cups of water, let it boil.
- Take the rice flour in a wide mouth bowl, add in the salt, pour in the water little by little and stir it well (be sure no lumps should be formed).
- Stir well, it comes to rolling consistency.
- Heat a kadhai, add in the grated coconut and cook for 2 mins.
- Add in the grated or crushed jaggery and cook for 5 mins (jaggery should melt, but should be rolled with the grated coconut).
- Now take a small portion of rice flour, grease the modak mould with oil and fill the mould with the rice flour.
- Insert a finger in the middle and make a small hole, now fill the hole with the filling and steam the modak for 10 -15 mins.
Serve hot. But commonly it is served as an offering for Lord Vinayaga and also made as snack commonly among tamilians.