Spicy kozhukattai is a very simple and easy recipe, but delicious and tastes little spicy. You can adjust the spiciness by adjusting the quantity of red chilies or it would also be good with red chilies.
Do check out my other snack recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/snacks/ and CLICK HERE for kozhukattai collections.
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #135 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Let us move on to the recipe…
CLICK HERE for Vinayagar chaturthi recipes.
- Rice flour – ½ cup
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Red chilies – 4 nos
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
Making of Spicy Ammini Kozhukattai –
- Take the rice flour in a wide mouth bowl along with ½ tsp of salt.
- Heat the water and let it boil.
- Pour in the boiling water little by little, mix it well with a spoon to rolling consistency.
- Grease your palm with oil, take small portions of rice flour and start rolling it to small balls.
- Steam the balls for 10 to 15 mins.
- Heat the leftover oil in a kadhai, add in the mustard seeds, black gram and curry leaves.
- Wait until the crackle. Add in the steamed rice balls, give a stir for few seconds.
- Remove it to a plate.
Serve hot for breakfast or snack. This can also be served as an offering to Lord Vinayaga on Vinayagar Chathurthi.