Already I have shared few prawn recipes, but this completely different from others. Usually we use throw out the prawn/shrimp head, already I have shared a recipe about prawn head fry and again here in this one also we are going make use of the prawn head. I have ground the prawn head with a cup of water, drained and cooked with curry.
The aroma of this curry would be unbeatable, also it tastes delicious, also a good try with prawn head. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Prawns/Shrimps – ½ kg
- Onions – 2 nos
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coconut milk (thick) – 1 cup
- Bay leaf – 1 no
- Star anise – 1 no
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – 1” inch stick
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Curry leaves – two sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Clean the prawns/shrimps, take out the head and keep it separately.
- Take the prawn head with two cup of water and grind it the blender.
- Drain the ground mixture, transfer it a mixing bowl, add in a tsp of chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt followed by the coconut milk. Mix it well, so that there would be no lumps of spice powders.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in kadai, add in the chopped garlic and cook for few mins.
- Add in bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise and wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and curry leaves, cook until the onions turn golden brown.
- Pour in the coconut milk mixture, cover and cook until the raw smell goes off and it comes to semi thick consistency.
- Add in the prawns/shrimps, cover and cook until the prawns are half cooked.
- Remove the lid and keep in medium flame, wait until the oil separates and floats on the top of the curry.
- Sprinkle a chopped coriander leaves and cover with the lid.
Serve hot with steamed rice.