Frequently Ragi/Finger Millet plays an important role in kitchen and as the result here comes my ragi idly. Just like that I tried out this Ragi batter and never expected it would be a big hit in my kitchen. The idly was very soft and fluffy. A healthy, easy and simple recipe for everyone right from kids till elders. Also I would highly recommend this as Diabetic-Friendly and friendly for people looking out for weight loss. Let us move on to the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #87 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Ragi/Finger Millet Batter – 2 cups
- Water – ¼ cup
- If you find that batter is too thick, do sprinkle little water and mix it well with the batter.
- Gently drop idly batter with a ladle in the idly mould.
- Steam idly for 10 – 15 mins (ragi idly consumes time compared to the regular idly).
- Pierce a tooth pick to the idly, the idly is steamed, if the tooth pick comes out clean, else continue steaming for few more minutes.
Serve hot with Sambar and Chutney.
For Mini Ragi Idly or Ragi Sambar Idly: Steam the idly in the mini idly mould and soak it with sambar before serving for sambar idly. For Ragi Mini Idly, steam the idly in the idly mould and serve hot with sambar and chutney.
Check out my other Ragi / Finger Millet recipes: Ragi (Finger Millet) Batter for Idly and Dosa, Ragi Pidi Kozhukattai / Finger Millet Dumpling (Sweet), Ragi Puttu / Steamed Finger Millet, Ragi Upma / Finger Millet Upma, Ragi Koozh / Finger Millet Porridge, Ragi semiya upma / Finger Millet Vermicelli Upma.
This recipe looks like a keeper. I hope to try them soon, once I get all the ingredients.