Cauliflower is my all-time favorite vegetable right from my childhood. I have already shared few recipes and now here is my cauliflower roast.
Do check out my other stir-fry/poriyal recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/vegetarian/.
Cauliflower roast is very simple, delicious and consumes less time for preparation. Specially this can be served as an offering or a perfect recipe during vrat/viratham/fasting time because I have prepared this without onion and garlic. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Cauliflower – 1 no
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – 1.4 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Roughly chop the cauliflower into florets, boil 3 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add in the cauliflower florets to the boiling water along with a tsp of salt and cook for 5 mins.
- Drain the water and keep the cauliflower florets aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add in mustard, split balckgram and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add in the cauliflower florets, along with the turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala and required amount of salt.
- Cook them, until the raw smell goes off and the cauliflower turns brown in color (no water should be added).
Serve hot with steamed rice and sambar or steamed rice and dal.
Note: Never use cauliflower while cooking all over the recipe. Keep on stirring once you add all the spice powders, else the cauliflower would be burnt.