Carrot Halwa is my daughter’s all time favorite. I got an invite for guest post from MahasLovelyHome by Mrs. UshaRani, I shared my carrot halwa recipe along with few chit chat about me and her blog. Do check out my guest post in this link: Guest post for MahasLovelyHome. Thanks a lot for this opportunity Mrs. Usha.
Carrot Halwa is one among the most familiar desserts. Carrot Halwa is my daughter’s most favorite, I prepare commonly at home, but wonder just got the time to share.
Do check out my other dessert recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/desserts/.
Carrot Halwa is very easy, simple and consumes less time compared to other Halwas. Carrot Halwa can be served hot, room temperature, chilled or usually served along with a scoop of Ice-cream and vanilla flavor would be the best. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Carrots – ½ kg
- Milk – ½ litre
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 10 nos
- Ghee / Clarified Butter – 5 tbsp
Making of Carrot Halwa –
- Peel and finely grate the carrots.
- Pressure-cook the grated carrots along with a tbsp of ghee/clarified butter, 3 cups of milk and ½ cup of water.
- Pressure-cook for 2 whistles (carrots should not be mashed, but should be in mashing consistency).
- Remove the lid, when the pressure subsides.
- Transfer the cooked carrots along with the milk to a non-stick kadhai, keep in medium flame and cook until the carrot getting dry.
- Add in the sugar, give a stir and cook in medium flame by stirring every now, until it thickens.
- Heat leftover ghee/clarified butter in a kadhai, add in the cashew nuts and raisins, and wait until they turn golden brown.
- Pour it to the carrots, continue stirring, until it gets thickens and comes to the halwa consistency.
- Remove from fire and transfer to a bowl.