As I have shared many sundal recipes, now this is very healthy, tasty and flavorful sundal. I have used 5 variety of sprouts for this sundal. I would say a healthy, tasty sundal for Navratri not only for Navratri you can prepare this once in a week for breakfast. You can sprinkle powder jaggery and serve for kids. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my navratri recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2015/10/12/navratri-navarathri-recipes/.
- Black Chickpeas – a handful
- White Chickpeas – a handful
- Moon Bean / Paasipayaru – a handful
- Black Lentil / Karuppu ulundamparyaru – a handful
- Dried green peas / Kancha pattani – a handful
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Take all the beans together in a bowl, soak it in water for almost 5 hrs.
- Tie them all together in a muslin or white cotton towel in the kitchen faucet for overnight (the place should be dark).
- Sprinkle little water on the cloth once tied.
- Next day morning, remove the cloth, you can find the beans are sprouted.
- Heat oil in kadhai, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and wait until they crackle.
- Add in the sprouted beans, sprinkle required amount of salt and cook until the raw smell goes off.
Serve hot or at room temperature. Sprinkle little jaggery powder and serve for kids.