Usually whenever I see these pie recipes in the cookery shows, I keep on drooling, but was scared to try it as I have heard that preparing the pie crust is very difficult. Finally took on my guts and decided to prepare the pie crust. Also the crust came out very well (beyond my imagination). Happy me :).
- All-purpose flour/Maida – 2 cups
- Butter – 1 cup
- Cold water – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 cup (powdered)
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Take all-purpose flour, sugar, salt and butter in a wide mouth bowl and keep on mixing them with your hands (gently).
- Crumble with your hands until the butter melts and the flour resembles like a crumble.
- Pour in the lemon juice and a tbsp of water and knead it softly to round ball.
- Now transfer it to a plastic cover and refrigerate for almost 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, prepare a place for rolling the dough, by dusting the maida/all-purpose flour on the workspace.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
- Take out the dough and knead it gently with your hands for a mins.
- Divide it to two equal halves and start rolling them over the workspace, keep on dusting the workspace whenever you swap and roll the dough.
- Grease the pie tray (tray) and gently place the rolled sheet to the tray, it should cover even the sides of the tray.
- Fill the tray with beans (Garbanzo, Kidney, Val, Dried peas) and bake at 200 degree C for amlost 20 mins or until the sides starts turning golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven and wait for a mins, slide the tray and remove the beans.
Pie crust is ready now you can start you filling as you desire.
Note: We use beans, so that the crust never pops out while baking.