Chocolate cup cake is my long wait recipe, recently we have frequent power cuts here in Bangalore, so I never want to bake as I wonder what would happen if my baking would be stopped in the middle way. But inspite of all these interruptions I want to prepare something for Halloween Day, so planned to get into baking with little guess of the power cut timings, hopefully my guess was right and everything came out well.
Do check out my other baking recipes: https://madraasi.com/recipes/baking/.
Let me the chocolate cup cake recipe…
- All-purpose flour/Maida – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – ¾ cup
- Butter (melted) – ½ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2 nos
- In a bowl, break the eggs, pour in the melted butter and add the sugar. Beat well, until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Pour in the milk and beat well for 5 mins, until it gets mixed well.
- In a wide mouth bowl, sieve maida/all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add the flour little by little and beat well, until all the flour is mixed to a batter.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C, meanwhile grease the muffin tray.
- Pour the batter (fill only ½ of the mould) to the mould and bake for 8 mins in 180 degree C.
- Prick the cake with a toothpick, it should come out clean, else bake for few more mins until the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove it from the tray, once it comes to room temperature.
Serve as such or go with frosting or icing.