Usually when it comes to Dry fish, I love it. When it comes to sardine Dry fish, I love it a lot. My mom use to accompany this Sardine Dry Fish stir-fry with Dal fry and steamed rice. I and my grand fa love this combination a lot and will say that everyone would love this a lot. But unlike other Dry Fish, cleaning of this sardine takes little time. Let me share the cleaning tips and the recipe…
Cleaning of Sardine Dry Fish: Heat the tawa or pan or kadhai, now place the sardine dry fish in the vessel, and swap the sides for every 2 mins. The skin of the sardine dry fish gets sticked to the vessel, then remove the sardine dry fish.
Do check out my seafood recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/non-vegetarian/seafood/.
- Sardine Dry Fish – 4 nos
- Onions – 3 nos (medium size)
- Red chilies – 4 nos
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Black lentil – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Clean the Sardine Dry Fish and roughly chop them into pieces.
- Peel and chop the onions, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add in the mustard seeds, split black lentil and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add in the red chilies, wait for 2 mins and add in the onions, cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the sardine dry fish pieces and cook for 10 mins, keep on stirring else the onions would be burnt.
- Cover with the lid.
Serve hot with Dal Curry and Steamed rice for lunch.