Wishing each and everyone a very Happy (Healthy, wealthy, Peaceful and Successful) New Year.
Welcoming new year 2016
Picture Courtesy: Google
Up to now no resolutions but there something to be followed by me, also hope will follow that.
Love what you do, Do what you love, Dream a lot, Aim high, Work hard, Keep yourself busy, Never miss any opportunities, Spend time with yourself, Love yourself, Be confident, Be strong, Have a healthy Time pass, Spend time with kids, Control Anger, Eat well, Sleep well, Talk less, Smile lot, Accept the changes in your life (haters may become lovers and lovers may become haters), Never lose your self-respect ——– Live and Let Live.
2015 had many memories in my life which would stay forever. Hope for the better and best memories in 2016.
As of 2015 is about to over in few hours, here is the special from me – Butter Cookies. Not only the Butter Cookies, but it was prepared by my daughter and so introducing my “LITTLE CHEF” to the world.
“Wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year”
Enjoy your New Year with this Butter Cookies which melts in mouth. It is a basic recipe with few ingredients, very simple, less time consuming but very delicious. My daughter baked out these cookies for us and was over in minutes. Let us move on to the recipe…
- All-purpose flour – 2 ¾ cups
- Baking Soda – 1 ½ tsp
- Butter – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Egg – 1 no
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
With cookie cutter
In greased tray
- Softened the butter or bring it to room temperature.
- In a bowl, break the egg, add in the sugar and vanilla extract. Blend it well until it becomes fluffy and the sugar dissolves completely.
- Sieve the flour and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Grease the tray for baking.
- Add in the flour little by little and fold it gently to the egg mixture.
- Roll them into a large ball, divide it to small balls.
- Dust the rolling platform with all-purpose flour and flatten the balls.
- Cut them to your desired shape using cookie cutter. Gently place them over the greased tray by leaving plenty of space between each other.
- Bake it for 5 mins at 180 degree or until it starts turning golden brown.
- Bring it to room temperature and store it in an air-tight container.
Do check out my other New Year recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2015/12/25/christmas-and-new-year-collections/ and other baking recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/baking/
Just like that I have prepared this spicy chicken fry, it was delicious. I would say that this would be right to prepare when you have little quantity of chicken pieces. Here I have chopped the chicken into small pieces for this dish, and accompanied it with Malabar Chicken Briyani, everyone in my home loved the aroma and taste of the chicken. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other Chicken recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/non-vegetarian/poultry/
Spicy Chicken Fry
- Chicken – ½ kg (boneless is preferred)
- Onions – 3 nos (medium size)
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala or Curry Masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp.
- Fennel-Poppy seeds powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 stalks
Spices and onions getting cooked
With chicken and spice powders
With pepper powder
Spicy Chicken Fry
- Clean and chop the chicken into fine pieces.
- Peel and chop the onions to small pieces.
- Fennel-Poppy seeds powder – Grind fennel and poppy seeds to fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai, add in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves and wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the chicken pieces followed by turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala or curry masala and salt.
- Cook for few mins, until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in ½ cup of water, cover and cook until the chicken is done.
- Remove the lid and keep in medium flame, so that the chicken becomes dry.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and the chopped coriander leaves, cook until the raw smell goes off or chicken turns completely dry.
- Remove from fire.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot. I have accompanied it with Malabar Chicken Briyani and Onion-Tomato Raita.