In spite of sharing few spaghetti recipes, I would say that I am not that much expert in handling spaghetti. But my kids want pasta or spaghetti for their dinner, so kept on hunting recipes and finally after checking out many recipes, finally adopted my own recipes with the ingredients available in my kitchen.
As of winter and Christmas season, here comes my spaghetti recipe…
- Spaghetti or Angel Hair Pasta – 200 gm
- Green peas – a handful
- Carrots – 2 nos (medium size)
- Olive oil – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Milk – 200 ml
- Onions – 2 nos
- Garlic cloves – 7 nos
- Maida/All-purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Black pepper pow – 3 tsp
- Oregano, rosemary, thyme – 1 tsp (mixed herbs)
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel and chop the carrots into medium pieces (cubes).
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic.
- Take all the herbs together and pound them using mortar and pestle.
- Boil the water, add in the spaghetti, green peas, carrots and salt. Cover and cook for 15 mins or until it is boiled.
- Drain the water, keep the spaghetti and the water aside for later use.
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a kadai, add in the mixed herbs and cook for few mins.
- Add in the onions and garlic, cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the maida/all-purpose flour, gently stir them (no lumps should be formed).
- Pour in the milk and sprinkle the black pepper powder, sugar and salt, cook in low flame, until it starts thickening.
- Add in the boiled pasta and reserved water, cook by stirring it well until it thickens.
- Transfer it to a bowl when you get the desired (saucy or thick) consistency.
Serve hot by garnishing it with grated cheese.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of sugar and black pepper as per your taste buds. Do check out my Breakfast/Dinner recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/.