Recently I came across too many cookie recipes, but I want to try cookie with oats and this resulted in this Oats Banana Cookie.
Oats Banana cookie was crispy, crunchy and soft. My son and hubby loved this cookie a lot. A perfect cookie for munching, when you are on diet, as I have used powdered jiggery instead of sugar. Let us move on to the recipe…
Since it’s Friday, I am taking it to Fiesta Friday #98 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner after a couple of weeks.
Do check out my other baking recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/baking/
- Oats – 3 cups
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Butter – 1 cup
- Ripe Banana – 3 nos
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips (white) – ½ cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Powdered jaggery – 1 cup (white sugar or brown sugar can also be used)
- Grind the oats well to a fine powder.
- In a bowl, take powdered oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix them well.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas, take sugar, butter, vanilla extract and beat them well (no lumps should be formed).
- Break in the eggs to the bowl, beat well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add in the flour mixture little by little and beat them well so that no lumps are formed.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C, spread the parchment paper or butter paper over the grill or baking tray and keep it aside.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the batter and fold them well along with the batter.
- Spoon the batter on the parchment or butter paper and bake for 6 mins at 180 degree C.
- After few mins, remove the cookie from the parchment paper, allow it to cool.
Serve with hot or chilled milk. Store it in an air-tight container so that it stays fresh for almost a week time.