As I have told last week, that I wish bake daily a cake or cookie or bread, but unfortunately last week both of kids were down with viral fever and now it’s me with high fever. Unlucky me, but still I hope I could bake atleast once in two days. Stay TUNED.
When I was searching for a bread recipe, I found out this Ginger Banana Bread. But I thought of inducing spices to bread, so did it.
The bread was yummy, spongy with little spicy taste in it. The quantity of spice powder depends on your taste buds, but when you add more the quantity of spices in it, I hope it won’t be like a bread. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other baking recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/baking/.
- All-purpose flour – 2 cup
- Baking soda – ¾ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Ripe Bananas – 3 nos or 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup (brown sugar or powdered jaggery)
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Plain yogurt (buttermilk) – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Ginger powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Cloves powder – 1 tsp
- Sieve the all-purpose flour along with baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder, ginger powder and cloves powder. Keep it aside.
- Peel and mash the bananas, no lumps should be formed.
- Break eggs in a bowl, add in butter, sugar and mashed bananas. Beat well until all blend together.
- Pour in the plain yogurt, vanilla essence and beat them well until everything blends together.
- Grease the bread the tray and preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Add in the all-purpose flour little by little to the banana mixture and fold it (no lumps should be formed).
- Pour in the batter to the bread tray and bake it for 10 mins or until the toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean else bake for few more mins.
Serve hot or at room temperature.