When I saw some food pics with sausage, I too wanted to try it. But I never had or cooked sausage in my life, this wanted me to try as early as possible. When I went to super market I purchased Chicken Sausage and prepared this Chicken Sausage along with Bread Omelete for our Christmas Breakfast.
Spicy Chicken Sausage was delicious, little spicy, soft with awesome flavor. I prepared it in Indian style and accompanied with Bread omelete. My kids loved it, especially my daughter she loved it to the core and she wanted it very often. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out Bread Omelete recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/2015/12/25/bread-omelete/ and check our my breakfast recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/.
- Chicken Sausage – 8 nos
- Onions – 2 nos (medium size)
- Tomato – 1 no (medium size)
- Fennel (Perunjeeragam) seeds – ¼ tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Olive oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Coriander leaves – 3 stalks (for garnishing)
- Salt to taste
- Slice the sausage into small pieces.
- Peel and slice the onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in pan, add in fennel seeds and curry leaves and wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions followed by gin-garlic paste and cook until the onions turns golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until they become mushy.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin powder and garam masala, cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the sliced sausage followed by salt and cook for few mins.
- Pour in a cup of water and cover with the lid. Remove the lid once it becomes dry.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and coriander leaves, give a stir for few mins.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot. I have accompanied it with Bread Omelete for breakfast.